Cinnamon Pear Buns are a cross between cinnamon buns and homemade apple pie. These two American comfort foods combined together are a delight at any breakfast table or even for dessert.
If you have leftover Honey Bourbon Sauce, it makes for a great ice cream topping!
I’m seeing bees getting busy pollinating and bringing it back to the hive! Exciting stuff. Soon, it will be time to extract honey for the next season.
Make this recipe your new tradition for weekend mornings. Your family will not be sorry you did!
Cinnamon Pear Buns with Honey Bourbon Sauce
Honey Bourbon Sauce ingredients:
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. Work the shortening into the dry ingredients quickly with your hands then add the buttermilk without overworking.
4. In a small bow, mix sugar and cinnamon.
5. Roll dough out to 1/4 inch thick rectangle. Cover the rectangle with the diced pears leaving a 1/2 inch border around the edges and sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture on top of the pears. Beginning at the end farthest from you(this should be the long end of the roll), roll the rectangle towards you then cut the log into eight 1 inch slices.
6. Butter a baking dish and place the cinnamon rolls into the dish. Distribute the melted butter equally over the top of the buns and place them in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Meanwhile, prepare the bourbon sauce by combining the honey, juice of one orange, bourbon, and salt in a small saucepan. Heat sauce over medium heat and reduce by about a third. This should take 10 minutes. Stir mixture often.
8. Remove the buns from the oven and serve with warm sauce.