Parmesan Venison, THE BEST recipe! This recipe is a real winner!! Check the article out in the next GameKeepers magazine including this recipe. Whether making this for your family or making it for a party, you just can’t go wrong. This is a never fail recipe. I am about to include this recipe in a list of recipes that freeze easily in an upcoming article called “100 Lbs of Thawed Meat”. The base of this recipe, the pounded and pan fried venison, is one of the most versatile recipes that I know. Enjoy!!
Watch me make this incredible dish!
- 1 1/2 lbs. venison loin
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 extra large eggs
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, dried, and seasoned
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra for serving
- Slice venison into 1-inch pieces. Pound to 1/4 inch thick.
- In a plate, mix together flour, salt, and pepper. On a second plate, beat the eggs with 1 tablespoon of water. On a third plate, mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Lightly dredge venison in the flour mixture, then the egg wash, and then the Parmesan breadcrumb mixture.
- Heat oil and butter in large cast iron skillet or saute pan. Cook for about 2 minutes over medium heat on each side or until browned. Place pieces on cooling rack.
- Place each piece of venison on a plate and serve with Basic Tomato Sauce or your favorite marinara sauce.